Rochester General Hospital
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Dr. Stephen Silver
Welcome to the Home of High-Quality Internal Medicine Education
Research & Publication
Preparation for the Next Phase of Your Career
A Wonderful Place to Live
We Are Family
- Prepare our residents to care for patients now and in the future with a constantly evolving curriculum
- Recruit a diverse group of the finest physicians to our internal medicine residency
- Promote the well-being of residents and support them in their career goals
- Train our residents to embrace a culture of safety and quality
- Provide our residents with opportunities for academic achievement
- Give our faculty the support and skills they need to guide our residents
How to Apply
Applicants to the Rochester General Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program are required to apply to the program using ERAS
Applicants should contact their medical schools, or see the ERAS Web site for more information on this service.
Deadline for Application: November 22, 2020
Criteria and Requirements
Experience in the United States is not a requirement to apply.
Preference will be given to those applicants who have been clinically active since medical school graduation
Please Note: New York State Department of Health regulations limit non-LCME accredited international medical school graduates from participating in New York State residency programs if their training has included more than 12 weeks of clinical clerkships outside of the country in which the medical school is located unless the NYS Education Department has approved the school.
A current list of the approved medical schools can be found at the NYSED website: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/med/medlic.htm
- Completed Application Form (CAF) 5 (also printable in CV Format)
- Personal statement
- Transcript(s) from your Medical School(s)
- Dean’s Letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- Successful completion of Step 1 (minimum score 220), and Step 2 CK (minimum score 225) . Step 2 CS USMLE preferred but not required for 20-21 recruitment season. DO Candidates should also have successful completion of Step 1 and Step 2 CK.
- ECFMG Certification required for all IMG’s, if you have not taken Step 2 CS, refer to the ECFMG pathway requirements. View Additional Information
Information for Applicants Selected to Interview
All interviews will be held virtually this season using the Zoom platform. Our interview season will run from November through January.
If you are selected to interview you will receive an invitation to interview via email by 3rdFriday, our convenient and easy to use recruitment platform. This email will contain detailed instructions for scheduling your interview. To ensure you receive emails from 3rdFriday, please add them to your safe sender list.
Please do not contact the Program Office to inquire about the status of your application. We are unable to provide specific information on individual applications.
Meet our Current Residents
This year you will be provided an opportunity to meet with our residents in a virtual setting. Instructions and dates will be provided with interview day information.
Benefits & Compensation
4 weeks of paid vacation per year
Travel & Education Allowance
An allowance will be provided for education items and activities for each resident year:
Program reimburses for 1 electronic copy of MKSAP and 1 yr ACP membership
Professional Liability Insurance
Professional liability insurance is provided by Rochester General Hospital’s insurance program for activities required by the residency program.
Term Life Insurance
$10,000 employer paid coverage with option to purchase added coverage up to 4 times annual salary.
Plan for Short-term Disability
Residents are entitled to up to six months of pay in the event of any disability, compensated at 60% of the resident stipend.
Option to purchase 50-67% of pay coverage
Option to enroll in tax-deferred annuity plan.
Option to purchase one of two plans available
Salaries are paid on a bi-weekly basis. The salaries for the 2020-2021 academic year will be:
Internal Medicine Residency Program
Sr. Administrative Assistant
Rochester General Hospital
1425 Portland Avenue
Rochester, NY 14621
Phone: (585) 922-4365
Fax: (585) 922-4440
View the current Faculty and Staff for the RGH Internal Medicine Residency Program
View our current residents in the RGH Internal Medicine Residency Program
View the recent graduates of the RGH Internal Medicine Residency Program